Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wreck

I was involved in my first (where I was driving) car accident yesterday and my poor little car is totaled. I went to a Birthday Party in Keller yesterday afternoon for my friend Rhyann's little boy, and then was headed to my friend Susan's house to get ready for Callie's Bachelorette Party last night. I was headed East and stopped behind a car that was waiting on traffic to pass so they could turn left into their housing addition. A car came up behind me and never slowed down or stopped before hitting me, causing me to hit the car in front of me and then shoving me sideways into the lane of oncoming traffic.



I hit my face and right arm on my steering wheel and my left knee on the dash board. I have a black eye and several other bruises and am terribly sore today but am very thankful overall that it wasn't any worse (especially since I ended up in the other lane of traffic)!

My eye Sunday morning after putting Neosporin on it
My eye Monday night

Gregg was at work yesterday when this all happened (of course) and so Susan came to pick me up and Gregg's best friend and fellow Firefighter/ Paramedic, Gary came to check on me also. Gregg did get "Family Sick Leave" from work and came to get me later and has been taking care of me ever since! (Sweet boy!!!)

Gregg and I have been out today looking at a new vehicle for me. We looked at used Tahoe's this afternoon and I think we found one we could both agree on! While we knew that I would have to have a new and bigger car before having children we weren't really planning on getting one so soon! We also went back by the scene of the accident today so that I could show him everything and we could take more pictures to give to the insurance company. Then we went to the lot where my car was towed to and looked at it.



My poor Texas Tech license plates are both smashed!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Oh no! Your eye looks like it really hurts. I am so sorry that happened, at least you get a sweet new car!

Summer said...

i am so sorry chelsey! i am glad that you are ok. that looks pretty scary! yay for a new car. i love my tahoe and i hope you do too!!

Laura said...

Praise God that you are okay! So sorry that happened to you though--and to add insult to injury, your Texas Tech license plates were ruined! :( You'll just have to get new ones to go on your new car. Glad you have Gregg to take care of you!

Emily said...

Wow! I'm SO happy you are ok. Your eye looks awful. YUCK! Maybe you will have more street cred now?!