Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our Wonderful Wednesday!

Yesterday was my favorite day here in Montana so far! The weather was absolutely beautiful and the skiing was GREAT! Gregg got up early yesterday morning to fix breakfast and then went out to ski at 9am when the slopes opened up. I woke around 8:30am ate breakfast and kissed Gregg goodbye as he headed out. I met back up with him and Cheryl at 9:30am to begin the Charity Scavenger Hunt/ Poker Run. We had so much fun doing this!!! We were given a card with all the clues for the scavenger hunt and a map of the mountain. We had to figure out where we had to go in order to draw our card for the poker game. I made it through half the game but then let Gregg and Cheryl finish because my knee was a little sore. I loved the runs that we skied- they were perfect and a lot of fun! I even made it down the most difficult run that I have tried so far!!! When Gregg and Cheryl finished we all went to the 5th spot together and turned in our playing cards- nobody from our club won any of the prizes :( Then we ate lunch at "Whiskey Jack's" (a bar and grill at the bottom of the mountain that we frequent at least once every day)

me skiing!


Cheryl skiing

Gregg and I decided not to ski yesterday afternoon and instead to go into town and find the Fire Department. We brought Irving FD t-shirts with us that we were hoping to swap out for some Big Sky FD t-shirts. The drive into town ("the Meadow") took us about 15 minutes and it was so neat to see the mountain and all the slopes from that far away! We visited the Fire Department and then went to the grocery store before heading back up the mountain.

Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky Fire Department

The mountain

Last night we all went to Cheryl and Mush's cabin for our yearly team party! They ordered pizza and we brought salad and wine. We had a good time chatting with everyone and laughing at different things that have happened so far this week!

0 comments: