Friday, March 20, 2009

Last (but certainly NOT least) day in Big Sky

Today is our last day in Big Sky, Montana and we are really sad to be leaving! This place has been incredible- the people are so wonderful and very nice, the weather has been fantastic, and the skiing has been absolutely perfect!!! I keep begging Gregg to let us move here but he says we can't afford it so I guess we will pack our bags and go back to Dallas (and reality) tomorrow :(

We started our day today skiing the East side of the mountain! (After Gregg made us breakfast in the condo!) We met up with Scott, the fiance of the trip coordinator, who Gregg and I have become friends with and off we went!

New and old friends- Mush, Cheryl, Scott, Chels, Gregg, Mary Beth, Porter, and Mike

This afternoon we had reservations for the Zip Line!!! (Big Sky put in a zip line about 6 weeks ago.) We met with our instructors at the bottom of the mountain and got into our harnesses, then we took the ski lift up and skied about 3/4 way down the mountain to the zip area where we took off our skis and finished getting into all our gear.
Aren't we cute in our helmets?!?!?


We got to go on 3 different zip lines that took us through the trees and over a couple of different ski runs. The zip line was so much fun and quite an adrenaline rush!!! There was even a professional photographer along for the trip so we have lots of pictures of us on the zip line!

Gregg trying to flip upside down on the 2nd line
Gregg Zipping
Chelsey trying to flip upside down

Chelsey zipping

TUFF Group Picture

We also went tubing this afternoon which was lots of fun! Gregg and I were the only "grown ups" tubing and we were the only people there without kids.



Tonight was the Awards Ceremony for the races. TUFF was presented with a 2nd place plaque for our division! I was nominated to go pick up the award since I had given in and raced this year! This is TUFF's 4th Council trip to participate in and we have placed all 4 times! This is actually our first year not to get 1st place but with only 8 racers this year we just couldn't compete with the bigger clubs! Next year we plan on being back on top!!! Three of our members (Mush, Cheryl, and Mike) also got medals for their race times and Mike got a bronze medal in the individual races! Congrats everyone!!!



Gotta go pack now so that we can get in bed- we are leaving for the airport at 4:30am- YIKES!!! So long from Montana!

1 comments:

Susan and Craig said...

Big Sky looks and sounds like so much fun! I want to go on the zip line!!! I'm glad ya'll had such a wonderful time!