It is with a heavy heart that I write this blog. Please keep our family in your prayers. My sister-in-law, Brandi has asked my brother, Seth for a divorce. It has come as a huge surprise to Seth and our entire family! She says that she has been unhappy for a while now and does not want to try to work anything out and so Seth has moved into my parents travel trailer for now. My parents have spent a lot of time with him recently and while he is really upset he is staying strong and going to be alright. I’m a firm believer that is takes two to make a marriage work and two to break it! I will be the first to admit that Seth can be difficult, but he was crazy about Brandi and her daughter Bailey. He just finished adopting Bailey last August so at least she will continue to be in our lives! Bailey spent the weekend with Seth and my parents and they had a great time. She is a little shaky right now since she has been through this before, but we are all working to reassure her we will always love her and want her and that she will always be a part of our family!
I have been completely shocked by all of this and am having a rather hard time dealing with it. Part of me feels very sorry for Brandi. She did not grow up in a loving and supportive family and doesn't have great role models. I truly feel that she doesn't know how to love or be loved. But the other part of me is very bitter about the situation right now since Brandi is so unwilling to even try and work things out. I just don't understand not putting the effort into your marriage to fight for it and try to save it. I don't understand how Brandi can be so fine with the situation since she has a 10 year old who she is dragging thru a divorce for the 2nd time. (And personally, I am bitter because she is in every single one of my family wedding pictures and that honestly pisses me off!) I am just so sad, mad, disappointed, angry, and confused about it all.
Please keep Seth, Bailey and my parents in your prayers.
Mexican Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
2 days ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment