Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Naming our Boy!

Our little one has a name! His name will be Cade Allison Groves. We have know that we would use Allison as the middle name for our first son since we started talking babies. Allison is Gregg's middle name, and his Dad's middle name, and his Granddad's middle name and so on going back about 15 generations so it was only natural for us to continue on with that tradition. (It is also my Grandma's middle name and so I am glad to be passing it on.)

I read an article a while back that talked about naming your baby and the importance of picking a name. It said that you should think of all the ugly nick names that kids could come up with and also look at the initials that you were giving the child and make sure they were "safe". Using Allison as a middle name limited first names that started with letters such as B,F, G, H, L, M, N, R, S, and W. There are a few other letters that spell words also but they didn't necessarily imply a negative connotation (to me) and so I left those on the list. (I have been a little obsessed about the initials!)

We talked about names a couple of times before our sono and the boy name that we both kept mentioning was Cade. We thought about it a little after the sono and tried it on for size and decided that we really love the name and can't wait to meet this little boy and call him by his name!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the name!! Ava's middle name goes on for generations as well. I understand the importance and it's a great gift to give them! I was hoping to see you last weekend at the reunion. :(