Gregg and Cade went to Lubbock for a few days the middle of April so Gregg could teach at the Lubbock Fire School. This was my first time to be away from Cade and so I was really anxious about the trip!
Gregg goes to Lubbock every year for this school to teach a class on Pump Operations and safe driving. (This school is where he actually met my Dad for the first time before we even met!) Last year Cade stayed with me while Gregg went (since I was still breastfeeding) but we decided that it would be a good time for Cade and I to be away from each other for the first time.
 |
| Headed out of town- Cade got to ride forward facing for the first time in Gregg's truck |
 |
| Gregg, Gary and Lilly getting ready to load the 4 Wheeler in the truck |
 |
| My little country boy! |
 |
| Playing in the dirt |
 |
| Riding on the 4 Wheeler with Daddy |
My Mom had a conference in Frisco while the boys were in Lubbock so she came to stay with me for a couple of days which helped with my loneliness! We were able to enjoy some fun girl time and went out for nice dinners and did a little shopping for her and her new job! We also worked in Cade's bedroom and our guest room working to get all of Cade's clothes that he has outgrown packed away and put into the attic. This was something that I have needed to do for quite a while but have just been putting it off opting to spend my time in the evening and on the weekend with Gregg and Cade playing instead of organizing! It really went a lot quicker than I thought once I got a system down.
 |
| boxes of outgrown clothes ready to go into the attic |
 |
| Room all cleaned up and pretty again! |
 |
| Organized closet ready to add summer time clothes into |
Gregg and Cade came home on Friday, April 13 which just happened to be Gregg's 35th Birthday! I decided to have some cupcakes and decorations waiting for Gregg (along with his presents from Cade and I) when he got home to make the evening more special! We enjoyed a nice dinner and yummy cupcakes (which Cade LOVED) all while celebrating Gregg on his special day!

Overall, my time away from Cade was beneficial to both of us. I never thought that I would have a problem being away and had a hard time understanding when my friends talked about this issue before I had Cade. It was EXTREMELY difficult to not have him home with me but I did survive! The hardest part was knowing that he was ok without me, which I knew that he would be and I want him to be, but it still tugged at my heart! Modern day technology is great and so I was able to talk to him on facetime each night and Gregg was great at sending me pictures throughout the day of their activities! Gregg and I both enjoy our alone time however we both love being with Cade and would choose to have him with us over going somewhere without him anytime! I do know that we will have to be away from each other as he grows up and I want him to be able to enjoy things like sleepovers and camp but I just want to hold onto this time with him as a little boy for as long as possible! This little time away helped prepare me for another trip that Gregg and I are taking with my girlfriends over Memorial Day weekend.
0 comments:
Post a Comment