Cade started daycare today! Gregg and I are very fortunate in that I have been able to flex my schedule for the last 10+ months so that one of us could be at home with Cade. Our plan has always been for Cade to start a part-time daycare program after he turned 1 for social development. However, I am changing roles at work right now and so we moved the date up about 6 weeks. He is only going twice a week on days that both Gregg and I are at work and then he will still be with Gregg the other 3 days.
The drop off this morning hurt my heart just a little bit and I did shed a tear or two as I drove away but my excitement for Cade overshadowed my own feelings. Our daycare has video monitoring so I was able to peek in on him a time or two (or twenty) throughout the day which made it all a little easier.
Picking Cade up this afternoon was the absolute best part! I loved seeing his big smile as soon as I walked in the classroom. Because he is almost a year old we decided to start him in the 12-18 month room so he could get used to those kids and teachers. His teachers said that he did really good and was a happy boy all day long which made this Mama so proud!
This is his "Serious Mom?" face!
I have loved being able to stay home with Cade part time and will treasure the time that we had together forever. But I am super excited about this new phase and getting to watch our sweet boy grow up!



0 comments:
Post a Comment