July 29
We went to Nick and Christy's house in Granbury for a party Friday night. Nick used to be on the fire department with Gregg and Christy and I work together at Parkland in Nursing Education. Patrick, Angie, Tucker and Henlie; Steve, Lisa and Emma; and Joe, Jennifer, and Athena all came over also to cook out and catch up.
We spent the first part of the evening outside so that the kiddos could all play and enjoy the water. Cade was a little timid at first with all the big kids but warmed up pretty quick and had so much fun playing in the pool!
Cade and Emma in the pool with Henlie looking on
Tucker and Henlie on the slip n slide
Ava, Cade and Emma
Henlie LOVED Cade and was hugging him and kissing on him ever chance she could!
Tucker, Emma and Henlie
Such a sweet boy!
Gregg being silly and playing with a water gun
After eating a yummy burger and other snacks the guys decided we needed to play Rock Band! I don't think I have laughed so hard in such a long time!!! We had the best time watching them attempt to sing different things.
Patrick on guitar, Nick singing, and Christy holding Cade
I have to admit that I haven't ever played before! The guys thought that it was only fair that the girls take a turn and finally convinced us to try. After watching them all evening and playing along in my head I really thought that the drums would be the easiest and finally agreed to give them a try. I quickly learned that even on the super easy level they are difficult and I no longer have any sort of hand/ foot/ eye coordination or rhythm!!! I failed miserably and we lost pretty quick with me on the drums!
Gregg got a little video of me right as our song was ending
We had such a fun evening and really enjoyed being able to spend this time with friends! Hopefully we will all be able to get together again very soon.



0 comments:
Post a Comment