I celebrated my first Mother's Day this Sunday. It was a day spent relaxing and cuddling at home with the sweet boy that gave me the title of Mother (mixed in with a little time spent at the fire station seeing Daddy). A day spent reflecting on the woman that I call Mom and thinking about what being a Mother now means for me.
I love my Mom more than I could ever put into words. She is an incredible and Godly woman who has taught me so many things. Most importantly she showed me what it means to be a Mom. She is my very best friend and the one person that I know will always be on my side. My Mom has always sacrificed herself for our family. She is a hard worker and a real fighter. Overall, she is an amazing woman and I pray that I can be the kind of Mother to Cade that my Mom has continues to be to me.
As I sit here now in reflection of my first Mother's Day, I am most thankful for my Mom and her love. An unending love that I now understand since I have a child of my own. Becoming a Mother has brought more joy into my life than I ever imagined. It is my most favorite title and the best job that I will ever have.
The love of a Mother is a powerful thing. It is a love that isn't fully understood until one becomes a Mother. It is an overwhelming feeling and love that takes over you the moment you first see your child. A most special kind of love that I am proud to now understand.
Hope all you Mom's and soon to be Mom's out there had a GREAT weekend celebrating yourself and your role as a Mother!



0 comments:
Post a Comment