Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2 months old



This chunky and oh so sweet baby boy is 2 months old! We are loving every minute of every day with Cade and cannot remember what our lives were like before he made his appearance!

Cade is growing and changing daily! We go for his 2 month well check on Friday so I will update with his weight and other growth statistics then.

Here are a few things about Cade this month:

- He is smiling so much and will smile back at us when we smile at him.
- He is cooing all the time and even mimics me a little when I make the "ooh" and "aah" noises.
- He has started to find his hands and is bringing them to his face more.
- He has almost complete neck control and is able to hold his head up on his own.
- He likes to "stand up" in our laps and kinda bounce on his legs.
- He still does not like tummy time but is tolerating it more. He does pretty good when laying on our chests and will push up on his arms and look around.
- He really likes his crib mobile and will follow it round and round.
- He is eats every 3-4 hours during the day and every 5-7 hours during the night. (I am still exclusively breastfeeding and loving every minute of it! This boy loves to eat and is very demanding when he does decide that he is hungry!)
- He loves to be swaddled at night to sleep with both arms tucked into his chest. (My favorite time is first thing in the morning when I un-swaddle him and he stretches out!)
- He loves his play mat and will kick his legs and wave his arms all around when laying on the ground to play.
- He is wearing size 1 diapers, size 0-3 month and a few 3 month clothes. I can still fit him in a couple of newborn outfits that are bigger but I have had to put away most of those little clothes.
- He will scoot down off his sleep incline every night and often ends up towards the bottom of his crib.
- He does not like to have anything on his head and will move his head all around until he manges to get a cap off if I do try to put one on him.

We don't have much of a "true" routine down at this point and pretty much let Cade dictate how things go around the house! We are working on a little routine to make things easier on all of us when I go back to work at the end of the month.

We feel so very blessed to have Cade in our lives. Each day is a blessing and we are having more fun than we ever thought possible! We love you baby boy and look forward to watching you grow and change more over this next month!

Happy 2 Month Birthday to our sweet little man!!!

1 comments:

Susan and Craig said...

Cade is so cute!!!! I loved his outfit today. Thanks for all your help with the shower.