Saturday, November 6, 2010
Well, we survived our first night- it was a little rough at times but we made it though! We kept Cade in the room with us the entire night so that I could feed him every couple of hours. A little after 2am, he started spitting up old blood and amniotic fluid. I could tell that he was really congested and needed to be suctioned so we called the nursery to get a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to come and evaluate Cade. They took him to the nursery and suctioned him out and then brought him back to us and the rest of the night was much better!
We had a lot of visitors during the day and got to spend time with our families celebrating the arrival of our little boy!
Gary came to see us when he got off shift
Uncle Seth and Cade

Caren, Mikka, Jadyn and Carson came to see us also! I was at the hospital when Jadyn was born 6 years ago and Gregg and I both got to visit Carson right after he made is big debut last December. I am so excited that Mikka and I have kids that are so close in age and hope that they grow up being just as close as Mikka and I are!
Jadyn loved holding Cade and did not want to leave!
Seth and Carson (our 2 red heads!)
Cody, Misti, and Landry drove to Dallas to surprise us and meet their nephew. Misti was a little sentimental while holding Cade since just 5 short months ago she was the one in the hospital delivering Landry. Now her little one is weighing over 15 pounds!!!
Several people brought us Texas Tech gear for the little one which we had to put on since it was a game day! I think Cade was a good luck charm for the Raiders tonight because they beat the Missouri Tigers 24-17!!!
the newest Red Raider!
Gregg's Dad was able to fly in today as well
MiMi wither her 2 boys
Gregg and Cade with Misti and Landry
My Dad and brother desperately wanted to buy Cade his first pair of "real" boots within the first 24 hours of his life. They left early Saturday morning and went to Ft. Worth in search of a certain pair. They found what they were looking for but Cade won't be able to wear them for several years!
Testing out the new boots
Tonight is time change so we are hoping for a good night. I am confused already thinking about feeding times and how to make adjustments with the time change! Tomorrow morning Cade goes for his circumcision bright and then we are hopefully headed home!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment