Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Lovin'


HAPPY day after VALENTINE'S DAY!!! Gregg and I shared a wonderful Valentine's Weekend together! We had the whole weekend to ourselves at home and it was fantastic!!! We were able to sleep late both days and just spend time together.

We were lazy on Saturday and spent most of the day catching up on our TV shows or watching the Olympics. We did finally get around that afternoon and went out for dinner with our friend Sherri and her granddaughter at On The Border. We were a little disappointed in OTB mainly because our server wasn't that great and our food was cold. After dinner, Gregg and I went to Target to walk off the food and buy a retirement card for one of the guys that Gregg works with.

We slept late again Sunday morning and then went to lunch at Chiloso's here in Wylie and shared some great Mexican food. After lunch we watched more of the Olympics and lounged around the house. We decided not to go out for dinner and instead shared a heart shaped pizza (complements of Papa Murphy's) and a bottle of champagne at home! It was great just to spend the evening with my valentine!!!

Our heart shaped pizza and wine
I love Valentine's Day and think that it is important to celebrate the love that you share with another person! I think it is more important to be thoughtful on Valentine's than it is to spend a lot of money. I love making cards and things for Gregg and trying to think of creative ways to show Gregg how much I love him. I made the card that I gave Gregg this year and had a new bath sheet monogrammed for him to use at the station. Gregg's current towel is old and is a tan color and he cannot wash it with his uniform which drives him crazy! I had the Irving Fire Dept seal monogrammed on the towel along with his name by the guy that does all the uniforms for the Fire Dept. (Thanks to Christy for driving through the crazy snow to drop the towel off and to Chuck for staying open till I could make it by, again in the crazy snow, to pick up the towel!!!)
Valentine card I made for Gregg
Gregg's new towel for the station
Gregg gave me a new necklace this year for Valentine's Day with a Maltese cross on it! The Maltese cross is a popular symbol for the fire department. It is a firefighter's badge of honor and signifies that he works in courage. I love my firefighter and will wear this symbol with pride and know that even when he is at the station he is still close to my heart.
my new Maltese cross necklace

3 comments:

Brynn said...

What a sweet, special valentine's day!!!

Justin and Allison said...

That heart shaped pizza looks amazing!!

Susan and Craig said...

I love that towel!! So sweet! And that pizza is making me hungry! Glad you had such a special valentine's day!