Today is my 28th Birthday and of course it is an "A" shift and Gregg is at the Fire Station! So, we decided to celebrate my "almost Birthday" yesterday instead!
Gregg let me sleep late while he went grocery shopping and made breakfast for us! We had bacon, eggs and pancakes and I got an "almost birthday" card. After breakfast we watched the Olympics on TV and some other shows that we had DVR'd and Gregg did the dishes and made Tortilla Soup for lunch. Lunch was fantastic and I am very excited about having extra tortilla soup for lunch at work this week!
breakfast

We spent the afternoon relaxing and even took a much needed 2 hour nap before getting ready for dinner! Gregg gave me my present before we went out and I got 3 new Pandora charms and a clasp! (I have started my second bracelet and am doing it in red, black, white and silver) I loved my new charms and was very excited to finally have a few more to put on my bracelet!!!

We went to dinner at Houlihan's and then went to the movies to see "When In Rome". We don't go to the movies very often so it was a nice change and a lot of fun for us! The movie was really cute and funny although I have to say that I really was wanting more of it to be based in Rome (especially since we just got back from there). I also was a little confused because we were told on our city tour of Rome that the Trevi Fountain was the "Foutain de Amore" and was where you went to throw coins and wish for love. In the movie they referred to a different, much smaller fountain as the Fountain of Love.

For dinner we ordered off the "small plates" menu and were served sample sizes of several different things. We shared Chipotle Chicken Nachos, a Pot Roast Slider (not pictured), a Pulled Smoked Pork Slider (not pictured), Pickle Fries, and Truckstop Fries! The food was excellent and it was so much fun to have a tasting of several different things!!!

The Italian-Style Donut Flight that we ordered for dessert (Donuts with 2 dipping sauces- a cinnamon, nutmeg with dark chocolate Kahlua sauce and a white chocolate Bailey's sauce)

Thanks babe for a wonderful "almost birthday" and for everything that you did for me yesterday! I loved spending the day with you and look forward to sharing my 28th year with you!!!
Today, has been a lazy day on the couch for me in which I have enjoyed being able to work on updating this blog more and also posting more pictures from our trip to Facebook! Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful birthday wishes!



1 comments:
What a fun day!! Glad you guys had fun celebrating!
Post a Comment