Sunday, January 5, 2014

January- Snow skiing in Aspen


We went to Aspen with our ski club this year to go snow skiing!  We convinced Gregg's sister and brother-in-law, Misti and Cody to go with us and bring their 2 1/2 year old Landry!  (I especially loved having them with us because it meant that Gregg had someone else to help him drive and I wouldn't have to!)  Aspen was beautiful but really big and had multiple mountains all there together so we didn't see many of the others from our group much.  
 

Since I was pregnant and not able to ski I got to hang out extra with the little boys!  We spent most of our mornings in our condo playing and watching TV while I did some school work and then would go out to meet up with everyone for lunch.


We decided to rent a pair of skis for the boys and let them both have a try.  They were so excited and cute in all their gear! 


Cade went out first and did a great job!  He was so much more stable this year and Gregg even used the reins on the harness to let him ski a little more on his own!






 Landry was a little hesitant at first but warmed up to it and ended up having a lot of fun also!


The last day that we were there Landry got a little sick and so Cody and Misti took him to the clinic while Gregg went out to ski.  Cade and I went down to the mountain base and ended up finding an indoor play area where all the ski schools and daycares were located.  The pace was amazing and Cade had such a great time playing!  It was perfect for his size and he spent hours climbing up and down and running around all through the area!



 

We enjoyed our trip and the time that we had with Cody, Misti and Landry.  We look forward to many more family vacations with them!!!

0 comments: