Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cade got his DOC band today!

Today we went to Cranial Technologies to pick up Cade's DOC band! We met with an Occupational Therapist today who gave us all the "rules" for wearing the band and then Cade got to put it on for a test run.

First time in the band

Cade got to wear the band for about 30 minutes and then examined his head and made adjustments to the places where the band was rubbing. There were just a couple of places that they smooth out and then we were out the door.

The first couple of days we get to take the band off every couple of hours to examine Cade's head and make sure there aren't any red places. After that we will only take it off while we are doing his neck stretches and during bath time. There are very specific instructions for everything about the band to ensure that the treatment is effective.

My first priority for the band was to get it decorated so that it isn't such an eye sore! We are planning to have the band wrapped by 360 Wraps in mid April so until then we can add stickers to it for some extra personality! We bought some stickers last week and I went and bought more today. (I had a hard time finding boy stickers that aren't 3D so if you have any insight please share!) I ended up with dump truck and bull dozer stickers, jungle stickers, planes/ trains/ and truck stickers, robot stickers, and of course some fireman stickers so we'll be able to change things out along the way!

As soon as I got home I took Cade's band off and started with the stickers! First up are the robot stickers and I am really excited about how cute it looks now!




Our biggest challenge over the next few days is going to be getting Cade's body acclimated to having the band on his head and re-regulating his body temperature. Every time I take the band off his little head is just dripping with sweat! I found the coolest outfit to put him in this afternoon and have had the air conditioner and fan on all afternoon trying to keep this boy cool! I am just hoping now that he can sleep good tonight!!!

3 comments:

Susan and Craig said...

It looks great!!! He was so happy yesterday and I just loved getting to see him.

Ginny said...

Couldn't possibly be an eyesore with that cutie. Looks great! Good thing he'll be done (hopefully) before it's really cold! 加油,Cade! (Basically, means keep going, good job.) :)

Justin*Tara*LucasWhite said...

He is a cutie!