Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pool Party

Last Saturday we got together with my girlfriends from Junior High for a pool party! We all got met up around 2pm and spent the rest of the day outside enjoying the sun and water. It was my first time to get into a pool this summer and I was so excited about feeling weightless and being able to float! (I wasn't too excited about putting on a maternity swimsuit however!)

A lovely self portrait before the party (29 weeks 5 days)

We decided for everyone to bring their favorite dip for us to snack on and that we would order something for dinner later in the evening. We had a yummy pesto hummus dip, spinach dip, fruit and fruit dip, chocolate brownies, and every one's favorite Pizza By The Scoop plus lots of cold drinks to keep everyone happy! I have to admit that I have SERIOUSLY been craving a cold beer here lately. I think it is the crazy hot weather that we have had recently that has just made a beer sound really good. So, while Gregg and I were out shopping the night before we scoped out the non-alcoholic beer section and bought a 6 pack of non-alcoholic Coors! Surprisingly enough they were really good and totally hit the spot!
Courtney and I enjoying our "beer"
(She is 15 weeks pregnant)

We ended up going to have dinner at the "Feedstore" in Southlake (Really GREAT BBQ if you are looking in that area!) After dinner we went back to the house, sat around the fire pit talking and made Smores!
We had such a fun time relaxing and hanging out with great friends! I love these girls and guys and feel so incredibly blessed to have each of them in my life!
PS- Sorry for being a slacker with the picture taking!

2 comments:

Summer said...

i have eaten lunch at the feedstore before. i work right by there a couple of days a week. it is very good!! you look great!

Susan and Craig said...

Wish I could have stayed longer!!!! I can't wait to see you next weekend for your BABY SHOWER!