Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Christmas Stocking

I have been looking at different Christmas stocking for several months now trying to decide what new "family" stockings we wanted to get that could grow with our growing family! I originally wanted Pottery Barn stockings because they had one with a firetruck on it for Gregg but they have discontinued that one. :( I had looked on E-Bay a bit for the stocking but wasn't completely sold on purchasing it.

My Mom was at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and found stockings there for me to make and so I have tackled the task! I am starting with Cade's and plan to have it done by Christmas and then will work on mine and Gregg's stockings for next year.



Cade's new stocking

Gregg's stocking (My FAVORITE and the reason that we bought these stockings!)

I have ordered this kit for me (I am going to modify it a little to make it have a tag for the name and look more like the boys stockings)

I cut the big front piece for Cade's stocking out this weekend and then separated all the sequins and beads but had to wait to get new needles and other supplies before getting started. I went to Michael's yesterday and started the stocking last night! It is VERY tedious and time consuming but I am so excited that we will have really special stockings to hang every Christmas!
There are sequins up top on the blue part and then the window pane is started
I have big plans to work on this more over the weekend! I know that I need to really get A LOT done over these next 9 weeks before Cade makes his arrival since my world will completely change after that!!!

1 comments:

Susan and Craig said...

LOVE the stockings!!! So cute!