On Saturday our department at work had a "Summer Get Together" at one of our Manager's house and pool! I honestly was dreading going because it is so darn hot outside but was in charge of all the planning going into the party so was "forced" to attend. We went a few minutes early to help get everything set up and Gregg got assigned to grill duty immediately! We grilled burgers, hot dogs and hot links all throughout the day as more people came and went and had all kinds of yummy snacks inside the house for everyone to enjoy! The day turned out to be really enjoyable and not near as uncomfortably hot as I was expecting! It was plenty hot out but there was a huge pecan tree in the back yard that provided so much shade and there was a decent breeze that blew on and off all day which made everything tolerable! I spent the day running back and forth between the grill and inside where the food was, sitting in my lawn chair talking and relaxing with everyone else. I did put my legs in the pool for a little while but decided not to bust out the maternity swim suite and scare all the kiddies!!!
Trying to stay cool

Ava and Ellie swimming in the "little girls only" pool

just lounging

feeding the fish

Ellie and Ava in their tent (these 2 little ones became best friends on Saturday!)

Going fishing

Will with his fish

Mathew with his fish

headed out for a ride on the paddle boat

the little girls were SOOO excited that they got to go on the paddle boat

Ava and Ellie after going on their boat ride
Overall, the party was a huge success and I really did enjoy spending time with everyone outside of the hospital and getting to meet the families of all my work friends. We are already making plans for next years get together and hope to do it in June before it is stifling outside!
*View picture below with caution! It is bloody!*
On our way home from the party Saturday afternoon my Mom called me and said that my 97 year old great aunt, Cleacy, had fallen at her nursing home and was being taken to the ER at Medical City. We happened to be right at the exit for the hospital and so we stopped there to check on her. My Uncle was already at the ER waiting for her and so he and I went back once she arrived to see her and then Gregg came back a few minutes later to help us understand everything we were being told. Poor thing was all banged up! She had a pretty severe cut to her head (picture below) which ended up requiring 9 stitches and also big tears on both of her arms and her left knee. She was still in the c-collar when we first got into her room because they were waiting to take her to get a CT scan and have lots of x-rays done. Cleacy didn't remember what had happened and the people from the home were fuzzy on the details so the hospital wanted to rule everything out. Her blood pressure was also crazy high, which is not normal for her and so we were all concerned that she could have a brain bleed. All her scans were finally cleared and the x-rays didn't show any broken bones (praise God) so they gave her something to bring her blood pressure down and admitted her to a tele unit for observation over night. Once she was admitted, Gregg and I went home for the night and let my uncle get her settled into the room.
Cleacy's head before they stitched her up

On Sunday we went back up to the hospital and spent the day with Cleacy and Rod waiting on discharge orders for Cleacy. She was feeling so much better, was talking to us and back to being her self. She never complained of any pain and every time we asked her if she was hurting she would say "I know I look pretty rough but I really feel pretty good." I can't imagine how she wasn't in any pain and kept telling her that she is so much tougher than I am because I would have been crying like a baby if I had split my head the way that she did! Cleacy was finally discharged around 5pm and we took her back to the nursing home where she ate a really good dinner and then was ready to go to bed. The weekend was long and hard for us all but I was so glad that we were able to spend the time with Cleacy and be there to help my uncle with everything he does for her. Family is precious and Gregg and I are both so blessed to have wonderful families!
And here is Cleacy today!
(still looks a little like a mummy with her bandages but is doing much better overall)

1 comments:
Poor Cleacy!!!!! She is such a strong little lady and I am so glad that she did not have any serious bleeding or broken bones! What a praise. Glad you had fun at your party and that is wasn't miserably hot.
Post a Comment