Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Closet Make-Over

The closet in the nursery is extremely small and not really all the great. The closet sits over our stair case and so about 18 inches of it are lost to the stairs. It also only has 1 hanging bar which didn't hold much at all. We have been debating different ways to make this closet better for several months now but I have been hesitant to do anything because I didn't want to invest a lot of money into it. We finally found a solution at Home Depot that was easy enough sounding and relatively inexpensive and so we re-did Cade's closet last Friday (and by we I mean Gregg did the work while I supervised from the chair and took pictures!)
First thing to do was to tear all the current closet fixtures out in order to install the 2 side bar things that the new shelves would be installed on. Gregg was a man on a mission with his crow bar and pulled out the old stuff pretty quickly! (Please excuse my sweaty husband! He had been outside cutting the shelving and rods to fit this closet and it is WAY hot here!!!)
Gregg the demo man!

2 new shelves with hanging rods

we decided to put a couple of hanging baskets on the bottom shelf
And here is our little man's finished closet! I am loving it and cannot believe how much more space we have already! (I had to hang up a lot of clothes for the pictures to get the full effect!) Between his dresser and this new closet I think we will be doing all right on storage space.

3 comments:

Susan and Craig said...

WOW!!! You have so much more space now ~ It looks fantastic! Gregg did such a great job and I know he appreciated your encouragement! Definitely a good investment!

Justin and Allison said...

He already has so many clothes!!

Brynn said...

The nursery is looking so great!!