Wednesday, April 28, 2010

iPhone Accident

Saturday, March 3
I am definitely a clumsy and forgetful pregnant woman!!! (Not sure how many times I am going to be able to use this excuse but I am going with it for now!) I gave my iPhone a bath today in the washing machine! I was carrying my laptop, iPhone, and clothes downstairs to put on to wash this morning. I sat the computer down and then went and put everything else in the washing machine. I heard something kinda thump in the washer and so I went through everything looking for the noise. We went to Sam's last night and Gregg got some new socks which I was washing. The socks were all still bundled together and so I decided that was what had made the noise. I undid the socks, started the wash and made me some lunch. I couldn't find my phone but decided that I had left it upstairs and so I sat down to eat. After lurch I went looking for the phone but couldn't find it upstairs or in the living room with my computer. I retraced my steps and that was when it hit me! The laundry was already on the spin cycle but I stopped it pulled the phone out, took it out of the case and dried it off. I immediately emailed Gregg a panicked note about what I had done and waited till he came home.
Gregg was very sweet about the whole incident and took me to the AT&T store right before closing, even though I told him that I didn't deserve another iPhone. I wasn't up for a regular renewal on my phone yet but they did give me some sort of extended renewal and I got a new phone for $431. (Bye-bye shopping $ for the next few months!)
After getting the new phone we went to eat dinner at a Mexican food restaurant by our house. We split the yummy burrito dinner and I had some tortilla soup. We went home right after dinner and before I could even make it in the front door I could tell I was going to be sick. I took off for the bathroom and threw up all over the place trying to get there. I happened to have Gregg's iPhone in my hand and so it got thrown up on as well! I panicked again but luckily it wasn't too bad! Gregg took it out of the case and cleaned it all very thoroughly but he now has a phone that smells like Mexican food!
Hopefully this is the end of my clumsiness for a while and I can take good care of this new iPhone! I know that there won't be another one if I screw up!!!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Ohh no! On the iPhone but especially on the throwing up! So sweet of Gregg to get you a new one. Hope you don't have too much morning (or all-day) sickness!