Last weekend Gregg and I along with Gregg's best friend, Gary, and his wife, Macy, all went to Mena, Arkansas to go ride 4 wheelers! We left Dallas Friday morning and headed to Mena. The drive was very scenic and Gregg and I enjoyed spending time together just talking as we drove along. While in Mena we stayed at the Willow Brook Cottage which was absolutely beautiful!!! Gregg found this place for us and we were all very impressed! The cottage was very quaint and pretty but the gardens surrounding the place were amazing!!! It rained a lot over the weekend so we didn't get to spend much time outside but when we were in the cabin all of our time was spent in the garden room enjoying the views around us!

(My camera ran out of battery and so Macy took a lot more pictures of the gardens and flowers that I will upload later!)
Saturday morning we got up and made breakfast and then headed out to the Ouachita Mountains and the Wolf Pen Gap ATV Trails to ride 4 Wheelers! This was my first time to go trail riding and I have to say that I am hooked and cannot wait to go back!!! We had so much fun and the scenery was truly breathtaking! While we were out riding it started raining and so we stopped to eat lunch under a big rock by an old mine.






After lunch the boys took Macy and I back to the trucks and they went out to play some more. Macy and I went back to the cabin, cleaned up and then headed to town to do some shopping! We were a little late getting there and so most of the shops were getting close to closing but we did manage to find a couple of things. After that we drove around town to look at the damage caused by a tornado that struck Mena on April 9. We heard from some of the locals that the tornado path was 1/2 mile wide and 14 miles long and that around 1,000 houses/ buildings in the small town were completely destroyed. It was devastating to see all the damage and reminded me again not to take anything for granted.
Saturday night we made hamburgers back at the cabin and then played "Phase 10"! (I think I have found my new favorite card game and I am really good!!!) It was so great to be able to sit around and relax while enjoying the company of good friends!
We had breakfast Sunday morning and celebrated Macy on Mother's Day and then packed our bags and headed home. It rained most of our drive (which made me very nervous) but we made it home in one piece!
Our weekend in Mena was fantastic and both Gregg and I enjoyed (and needed) the time away!!! We had an amazing time with our good friends Gary and Macy and enjoyed spending time with them! I am looking forward to all the many more trips that we will take!!!



1 comments:
Craig and I want to go with ya'll next year! It sounds like so much fun!!
Post a Comment