Today was the March of Dimes Walk at White Rock Lake. I walked with several girls from the NNICU for Parkland's team! There were quite a few people who work in all the departments throughout Parkland who were at the park to walk today and support March of Dimes! Parkland's donation goal this year was $60,000 and so I hope that we reached and exceeded our goal. Parkland has an amazing woman from March of Dimes that works at the hospital named Dora. Dora is a true blessing for the staff of the NNICU and for all the families who have babies in the NNICU. This year Dora invited several past "NNICU graduates" to be on our team and walk with us. It was great to have those people with us reminding us exactly why it was that we were there today!
Here is a picture of all the NNICU people plus some of our graduates before the walk started
NNICU Graduate Families
Beth and I
Brooke and her husband with their baby
Danny, Cheryl and Matthew
Veronica and Julian
Amanda and Cody
Leslie was walking for Lupita (Lupita got an ear infection and couldn't be there today)
The Start/ Finish Line
Me, Veronica, and Cheryl starting the walk
On our way
Beth and Leslie
We finished!!!
After the walk was over we went back to the tent and I was surprised by the
Carmona family being there! I walked today for their son Ricardo (Ricky) who was born on June 12, 2007 at 24 weeks.
Ricardo lived for 44 days and I was his Primary Nurse (meaning that everytime I worked I took care of him). I became very close to this precious boy and his family and have stayed in touch with them since. On August 26, 2008 Martin and Martha Carmona welcomed their 2nd son, Alejandro into the world. I was blessed to be in the delivery room with the Carmona's when Alejandro was born and got to celebrate with this family their new miracle. I have talked to Martha several times over the last few months checking on the family and Alejandro but have not seen any of them since they left the hospital. It was so great to see this family again! I will always remember and love Ricardo and the Carmona family. I walked today for yall and for all the other babies who won't ever walk.
Martha and me with baby Alejandro
0 comments:
Post a Comment