We went to Norman, Oklahoma this weekend for the Tech vs. OU Football game. Gregg and I went up there on Friday to meet my parents and the other people that we always tailgate with in Lubbock. They brought 2 Motorcoaches and then my parents RV and I had reserved us 3 spots at RV Tailgating area in Norman. Gregg and I rented a hotel to stay in so that everyone we were with would have somewhere to come shower Saturday before the game. Our hotel was a little seedy (we actually debated on whether we should shower at the hotel or just be dirty all weekend- we did decide to shower) and I have now lost my hotel reserving privileges! We had so much fun all weekend and everyone that we were around was really great!
Setting up the tailgate


The GREAT State of Texas flag and our Tech Flag

Our Pirate Flag!

Gregg and I Saturday morning

Britton and John

Brent, Britton, and Big Al Brown

MMMMM Food!


We decided to have Chili cook-off on Saturday before the game since it was so cold. So, everyone brought their own Chili recipe and ingredients to make their Chili. We had 5 different pots of Chili that were cooked and enjoyed by everyone around us. Gregg made Chili, along with Brent, John, my Dad and even us Girls had our own Chili recipe!

Our "Stormin' Norman Chili Cook-Off" trophies

1st Place- Brent, 2nd Place- John, 3rd Place- Gregg
Saturday was the best and worst day for all of us! Gregg and I ended up without tickets to the game (a friend of his had said she would sell us hers but then when Tech was undefeated going into the game she decided she wanted to go to the game) which I have to say that I am thankful for now! So we watched the game from our tailgate area and a 6 ft by 6 ft projection screen.
I don't really think that there are words to describe the game. I am so sad for the Red Raiders. I did believe that this was our year- and I still do. I don't think that we will be playing in the National Championship game but I do believe that Tech will end up ranked in the Top 10 bringing a recognition to Texas Tech and Lubbock, Texas that we have never had before. I refuse to take the credit away from OU for the game that was played last night. The fact is that OU played an amazing game and Tech was outplayed and out coached. We still have a lot to learn and room to grow. My challenge for the Red Raiders and for all Tech fans is to hold your head up high and don't make excuses for this game. Do not be discouraged- we have had an absolutely amazing season so far and we should be proud of our team and what they have accomplished! While last nights game didn't end up the way we would have hoped I am still proud to say that Gregg and I graduated from Texas Tech University. RAIDER POWER!
0 comments:
Post a Comment