I LOVE Valentines Day! I love the meaning of the holiday and the decorations and all the fun sweet treats! Now that I have a kiddo of my own I especially love celebrating all holidays in a special way. It is extra important to me now to have my house decorated and find ways to incorporate the meaning of the holiday into our day to day celebration.
My friend Susan and I have started getting together for a monthly craft day where we can make fun crafts. This month we decided to make cute Valentines Day crafts! We both searched Pinterest for different ideas and then met at Hobby Lobby to go shopping. We found a picture of that had the letters LOVE wrapped in 3 different shades of pink yarn so, we decided that we would make that our big project. We put our own little twist on the letters and think they turned out pretty darn cute!
We also made this cute little wreath! It was super simple and the best part is that when February is over the hearts can be pulled out and replaced with cut outs for the next holiday. We already made 4 leaf clovers for next month.
I made wanted to have decorations in every room of my house so I also made 2 different garlands to hang. We recently bought a new king size mattress but have decided to wait on purchasing a headboard so I thought this cute little garland would help fill the empty space and be fun in our bedroom!
And these cute little hearts are hanging in our living room across our entertainment center!
I enjoyed getting to make cute Valentines this year for Cade's teachers and friends at school. Time ended up slipping away from me and so I went for a simple printable this year but look forward to getting more crafty in the future!
We also hosted a Valentines Party for our Play Group at our house this month! I was super excited about this and really enjoyed getting everything ready for the cute little kids to come over and play. (I got great pictures of everything set up before the party but failed miserable at taking pictures during the party!)
The plan was for everyone to come over right before lunch time. I decided to keep the menu simple and just do sandwiches for the Mamma's and chicken nuggets for the kiddies plus some fun sweet treats for everyone to enjoy!
Precious (and cooperative) kids in their Valentines clothes
Cade, McKenzie, Max, McKensley, Connor and Matthew



0 comments:
Post a Comment