Sunday, February 6, 2011

Going back to work

After 12 (short) weeks off from work I went back last Monday (January 31). It was such a hard day for me and something that I have been dreading since Cade was born. I cried all day Sunday and honestly didn't know if I would make it out the door! Before I had Cade, I really thought that I would be ready to go back and see all my friends. I really like my job and love being able to touch so many lives each day. That all changed the moment I laid my eyes on my sweet baby and fell in love!

Gregg and I are very lucky because I am getting to work from home 2 days a week for these next 6 weeks while Gregg is at the fire station. (The other 3 days Gregg will provide Daddy Day Care!) After this first 6 weeks things will change and we might have to put Cade in real day care for 2 days each week.

Leaving for work was the hardest part. Cade woke up around 7 am and so I got to have some alone time with him before Gregg came downstairs and helped me get out the door. I just hugged and kissed on him and cried. I know that Cade will be very well taken care of each day and that he and Gregg will have some wonderful and special time together but I sure will be missing him! Luckily, my Mom was on her way to Dallas that first morning and so I was able to talk to her on the phone while I drove into work and that helped distract me.

Being away is going to be hard and especially if I have to go back to being at the hospital 5 days each week. Cade is growing, changing and learning new things every single day and I am so sad to think I will miss all those changes. As sad as I am that I will miss them I feel very blessed to know that Gregg will be the one that does get to experience them!

I know the best part of each day will be coming home from work and getting that first kiss and hug from Gregg and then getting to love on my sweet boy!!!

Gregg took Cade out that first day in his pajamas leaving the 2 pairs of clothes I had laid out on their hangers! Silly Daddy!!!

After work that first day, Gregg and Cade met me at my Great Aunt Cleacy's to visit and introduce her to Cade. She has told my Uncle Rod several times recently that she is ready to go meet Jesus and so we wanted to make sure that she got to meet Cade before then!

This was such a special thing for me because Cleacy was my Grandmother's oldest sister and like a 2nd mother to her. I know if my Grandmother was still here today that she would love Cade and be so excited about having a Great-Grandson.

Introducing Cleacy to her Great-Great Nephew
She was so excited to get to hold Cade
Cleacy crocheted this blanket for me when I was still in College
Sweet goodbye kisses

0 comments: